At Pennian Bank, we know the importance of giving back to the communities where we live and work. We are grateful to be able to give thousands of dollars a year in donations to local charitable organizations. Additionally, we utilize the Pennsylvania Educational Improvement Tax Credit program to donate money to eligible educational organizations.
Unlike larger banks, community banks reinvest in our community. Your deposits and loan dollars directly support local residents and organizations. Community banks also create jobs which are beneficial for a healthy, local economy. We are dedicated to offering financial services for everyone, making banking more attainable to local residents.
Charitable Donations and Sponsorship Requests
It is Pennian Bank’s mission to support our community organizations and have granted thousands of donation requests since our inception in 1864.
Because we receive multiple requests daily, priority is given to bank customers whose organizations foster growth and development within the communities we support.
Our charitable support focuses on the following areas:
- Housing/Access to basic needs (food, shelter, family stabilization)
- Economic Development
Pennian Bank does not consider donation requests from the following:
- Requests from individuals (trips, sports tournaments, etc)
- Requests to cover travel costs for clubs.
- Requests for projects from individuals.
- Requests from individual Girl Scout or Boy Scout Troops. We make donations to regional councils.
- Requests for political organizations or events
- Requests for business start-up/operating costs
- Requests that are out of our market area
- Requests that involve drugs/alcohol/adult content
Please note: Requests over $500 are only reviewed once a month, so please allow 4-6 weeks for these requests to be answered. Click below to fill out our online donation/sponsorship request form: