Financial Anxiety Tips
Financial stress is a common concern, with a staggering 72% of Americans experiencing money-related stress in the past month alone, as reported by the American Psychological Association. While caring about your financial security is important, excessive worry can be detrimental to your well-being. In this blog, we offer practical financial anxiety tips to help ease your financial anxiety and bring peace of mind to your wallet.
We put together a few financial anxiety tips to help ease your mind and wallet:
- Discuss your financial stress with someone you trust. Sometimes just talking through things can help to lighten the emotional load.
- Create a budget. A good way to get started is to track your spending for a month. Once you see how money flows in and out of your household, you can create a monthly budget.
- Set goals and plan ahead. No matter how big or small your goals are; having a plan in place will help reduce your financial anxieties.
- Build an emergency fund. Even if you can’t save much to start, it’s important to get in the habit of saving. As unexpected things arise, you will feel better prepared.
- Stop comparing yourself to others. Social media is everywhere and rarely ever do you see the “real picture.” Comparing yourself to others will just add unnecessary financial stress.
- Consider working with a financial consultant. They will take a look at the whole picture and will guide you as you work toward reaching your goals.
We all know that worrying about money isn’t going magically make cash appear in your bank account. If you follow the financial anxiety tips above, you’ll start to feel less stressed about your finances and more confident.
If you would like to meet with a financial consultant, we would love to work with you. Our team of
experienced professionals can help you reach your goals. Give us a call at 717.436.2144 to discuss your current financial anxiety and how we can help you relieve it.