Remote Deposit Capture
Remote Deposit Capture from Pennian Bank changes the way your business deposits checks. Using a special scanner, you can scan paper checks from your PC and deposit them directly into your business’s accounts, saving you the time of preparing deposit tickets and making trips to the bank. With Remote Deposit Capture you’ll be able to:
- Eliminate the need to write time-consuming deposit tickets. Prepare your deposits quickly and easily using the Remote Deposit Capture Software.
- Save time and money by eliminating the need for frequent trips to the bank.
- Make deposits 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Deposits are available by the next business day if deposited by 3:00 PM.
- Generate reports and search for previous deposits.
- Allow several employees to use the system with the ability to restrict access based on certain system functions allowing for a more efficient work flow.
- Reduce the risk of check fraud – Faster check clearing allows you to act sooner on fraudulent checks.
Contact one of our Pennian Bank representatives to learn more about how Remote Deposit Capture could be right for your business.
Remote Deposit Resources for Current Pennian Customers
How do I create a deposit?
- To begin scanning a deposit, click on Create Deposit located in the upper left hand corner.
- Enter deposit information and click Continue.
- Using the drop-down menu, select the account.
- Insert checks into the scanner and click Scan.
- After all items are scanned, if there are errors, click Fix Errors.
- Once completed, select Capture Complete.
- When ready, select Submit Deposit.
How do I check the deposit status?
Deposit Status is the first page displayed after a successful logon. You can also navigate to this page by clicking Home in the top left hand corner. Depending on your authority, all of the deposits that you created display or all of the deposits your business created display.
From this window, you can open a particular deposit by selecting the Open Deposit icon for the appropriate Deposit ID. Select View Details for the status of the deposit.
Deposit Status Definitions
OPEN – a deposit/batch is placed in “OPEN” status when the batch is newly created or when a capture operator has reopened a batch to add additional items, or to resolved exceptions.
SUSPENDED – a deposit/batch is placed in “SUSPENDED” status when a capture operator saves a batch for later capture or exception resolution. This status is functionally the same as “OPEN” but indicates that no one is currently working on the deposit.
CAPTURE COMPLETE – a deposit/batch is placed in “CAPTURE COMPLETE” status when the capture operator selects the “CAPTURE COMPLETE” status. This status alerts the operators that there is no more capture work, but there are exceptions to resolve before it will become “READY FOR APPROVAL.”
READY FOR APPROVAL – a deposit/batch will be automatically placed in “READY FOR APPROVAL” status when it is in “CAPTURE COMPLETE” status and the operator has resolved or accepted all capture exceptions.
SUBMITTED – a deposit/batch will be placed in “SUBMITTED” status when an approver submits the batch and all exceptions are resolved or accepted. A deposit that has been submitted can be viewed, but not modified.
Remote Deposit Resource Videos
Remote Deposit Capture Troubleshooting
How to Correct Jammed Documents
- If a document jams during the scanning process, usually the scanner will stop and a message box will display a Device Error Message.
- Clear the document(s) from the machine, then select OK.
- Retain the documents in the proper order as a rescan may be required.
- Review the Transaction section of the screen (shows all items that were successfully scanned.)
- Determine the last item that was scanned by taking the last items from the scanner pocket. Turn them upside down in front of you and work backwards until you find the last item that was processed.
- Reinsert the next item or items that did not scan into the hopper with the remaining documents.
- Click Scan to complete processing the batch.
How to Delete an Item in a Deposit
- To delete an item, the item will first need to be located on the grid. Select the row which will allow the system to display the front image. Verify the item selected is the correct item that needs to be deleted.
- Highlight the appropriate MICR line, which will display the corresponding image. Then click the Delete Item icon.
- Select Yes to delete the item out of the batch.
Once all items have been scanned within the deposit and all exceptions have been addressed, the program will then display any duplicate items that are detected within the current batch or from any previously scanned batch within 60 days.
DUPLICATE ITEM DETECTED will display at the top of the screen. This will display the images of the item(s) that are considered duplicate side-by-side, with the current item along the left and the item(s) from the previous deposits along the right.
To Correct the Duplicate
At this point, you can delete the duplicate(s) by clicking Delete or clicking Accept to override the exception and accept the duplicate item(s).
Once the duplicate(s) are resolved, the message “Success, All Errors Fixed” will appear. The deposit is then ready to be submitted by clicking Submit Deposit